2024 Exhibition Series ApplicationsThe Arts Federation operates the Wells Community Cultural Center, which is located at the heart of the Greater Lafayette Community and serves as an anchor facility for the state-designated Tippecanoe Arts & Cultural District. TAF's gallery program provides display and sales opportunities to north central Indiana artists. Exhibitions in TAF's galleries are selected through a juried application process.
Three spaces are available for exhibitions at the Wells Community Cultural Center. Please note choice of gallery and exhibition dates will be awarded according to each applicant's score.
How to ApplySubmit the online application form found below no later than 5 pm on March 31, 2023.
Information you will need to provide in your application:
1. Artist Statement Explain who you are as an artist. What is your background? What drives your work?
2. Exhibition Description Describe your proposed exhibition and how it relates to you and your previous work.
3. 5-8 Images Upload 5–8 digital images representative of the quality of work that will be displayed in your proposed exhibition. Images should be titled with “YOUR NAME -_Image #” and must be at least 72 dpi.
Proposal Guidelines1. As the steward of a shared community space and host of educational programs, The Arts Federation is committed to the showing of art that:
- Aligns with our mission to grow the arts;
- Is suitable for all ages;
- Is not disruptive to our educational environment;
- Is consistent with our image in the community;
- Was created by the artist submitting the application; and
- Is original in content and/or expression.
2. In an effort to bring new artwork into the galleries, artwork must not have been previously shown at the Wells Community Cultural Center. Artists who have shown here in the last 3 years must submit a portfolio containing at least 80% new work at the time of application.
3. We do not give space on a purely speculative basis. The art installed in your exhibition must be within the same vein as the artwork submitted with your proposal. Artists who were not a part of the original application and/or types of media not presented in your original application may not be included in a show unless reviewed and approved by The Arts Federation.
4. To ensure high quality and variety in exhibitions, TAF assembles a panel of arts professionals and citizen jurors who will evaluate your proposal based on the following criteria:
- Professionalism: All requested materials and documents are complete and thoroughly address the application questions. All portfolio examples are high quality.
- Artistic Excellence: Strength of the artworks is shown based on technique, concept of work, execution, and application of artistic abilities.
- Artistic Merit: All work is original in concept and/or presentation.
- Appropriateness: The exhibition is suitable for a multi-use space and a broad community audience.
- Alignment with TAF’s Mission: Because The Arts Federation strives to serve artists of all skills and abilities, special considerations may be taken to increase the diversity in the artwork shown at TAF. For example, an exhibition may be given to emerging artists as a means to help teach professional skills and develop their career.
- Applications Due
March 31, 2023
- Artist Notification
May 1, 2023
- Exhibition Contracts Due
June 30, 2023
EligibilityAll artists, art groups, arts organizations, and schools living in or from TAF's service area are eligible to apply.
- Benton County
- Carroll County
- Cass County
- Clinton County
- Fountain County
- Howard County
- Jasper County
- Montgomery County
- Newtown County
- Pulaski County
- Tippecanoe County
- Tipton County
- Warren County
- White County
TAF is an equal opportunity organization. Selection of exhibit applications will be made with without consideration of race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, religious beliefs, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Please note that priority may be given to TAF members. The Arts Federation reserves the right to revise the gallery policies at any time and in accordance with the needs of the organization.