MARKETING & EVENTS MANAGER
Full Time, Exempt
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Starting Salary: $40,000 and full benefits package
The Marketing & Events Manager (MEM) plans and implements marketing strategies to promote The Arts Federation’s events, programs, and services. The MEM provides leadership in the creation and execution of all TAF events, including the TASTE of Tippecanoe. Additional responsibilities of this role include administrative work and assisting with the fundraising and membership programs.
A firm understanding of and ability to work within current marketing media is required. Strong skills in writing, graphic design, attention to detail, and the ability to perform multiple tasks within deadlines are expected. A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Arts, or a related area is desired. The selected individual will work within a small team of committed staff members who work together to achieve the goals of The Arts Federation.
• Leads the planning and execution of TAF’s events: TASTE of Tippecanoe, Bravo Gala, Tap for TAF, and other special events as needed.
• Oversees the execution of all public relations and marketing activities while ensuring the TAF brand is promoted in a consistent manner.
• Maintains an annual marketing plan to support the achievement of TAF’s organizational and budget goals.
• Builds communication strategies that clearly articulate the value of TAF’s programs and services in order to increase awareness and engagement.
• Oversees and develops content for print and digital marketing efforts, including the creation of advertisements, postcards, posters, press releases, social media posts, Constant Contact e-mail campaigns, and updates to the organization’s websites.
• Provides assistance for daily office operations, including answering telephones, providing customer assistance, and other types of clerical work.
• Oversees the budget related to areas of responsibilities.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education: College degree required. Concentration in Marketing, Arts or Communications preferred.
Required Skills: Must have a high work ethic and be a self-starter, quick learner, highly organized, detail oriented, articulate individual. Polished presentation and interpersonal skills. Must possess strong writing skills.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office, WordPress, and all Adobe Creative Suite programs.
Special Skills: Background in marketing and project management are a plus.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and list of three references to The Arts Federation’s Chief Executive Officer, Tetia Lee at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Downloadable PDF: MEM Job Description 2022