It's that time of year...when TAF starts planning its 2023 class schedules!
The Arts Federation is currently seeking teaching artists to lead a variety of programming at the Wells Community Cultural Center. TAF aims to offer a wide variety of classes through both its After School Arts Program
and adult programs
Artists are invited to propose their own class topics, but TAF is in need of artists who could teach:
- Introductory or Process-Based Classes for K - 2 Students
- Ceramics for Grades 3 - 5
- Textile Arts for Grades K-5
- Voice / Musical Theatre for Grades 3 - 5
- Dance Classes for children and/or adults
- One-session workshops for adults (e.g. watercolor painting)
Compensation & Supplies
Compensation for teaching at TAF is based on a flat contracted rate, which considers preparation and instructional time at a rate of $20-40 per hour. Teachers are not required to purchase/provide supplies for the classes they teach.
Teaching Artist FAQ
- Classes are generally held in the Art or Dance Studio at TAF.
- Teaching Artists are able to set enrollment limits and age restrictions based on their comfort and experience level. After School Arts Program classes generally range from 12-15 students.
- TAF provides marketing and manages registration for all of its programs.
How to Apply
Interested artists should complete this form
to be considered for future teaching positions. Questions can be directed to Ann Fields Monical at firstname.lastname@example.org